March 27th 2017
Illuminate. Nancy Duarte & Patti Sanchez. 2016. ISBN 9781101980163. The sub head says, Ignite change through speeches, stories, ceremonies, and symbols. This is a book for change agents, almost a blueprint for change. Liberally sprinkled with recognizable examples the text is logically organized. The impetus for the book was a serious reorg that Duarte had to undergo when her business really took off. Likened to changing jet engines in mid air, Duarte carried it off. This is a book that you need t read end to end.
- Bring Your Audience to Their Feet! Irene Brennick
- Brains On Fire. Igniting powerful, sustainable, word of mouth movements. Robbin Phillips, Greg Cordell, Geno Church, Spike Jones.
- 14 Reasons Corporate Speeches Don’t Get the Job Done. Marian Woodahl
- Too much Happiness. Alice Munro.
- Switch. How to change things when change is hard. Chip & Dan Heath