March 20th 2017
Confessions of a Pricing Man. How price affects everything. Hermann Simon. 2015. ISBN 9783319203997. I follow pricing literature quite closely. Each book has its value, but many times it can drop rather quickly into the weeds of economic theory. This author is not afraid of complexity, but her does know how to create value for the reader. Pricing discipline for profit does drive everything and it is always wiser to maintain profit over volume. The analyses he presents with the multiple real world examples ( and you will likely recognize most of them) builds a very readable book in a genre that too often is not known for readability. Again I am struck by the contrast between firms understanding that they need to deliver value to a customer to stabilize/grow their profits, yet in North America it is all about commission sales based on volume, not profits. Every CEO, CFO and Sales manager should read this book.
- Your Company culture often works to resist raising prices. Pricing part 4
- Does finance still set your prices? Pricing panel part 7.
- The Art of Pricing: How to find the hidden profits in your business. Rafi Mohammed.
- Sales’ response to a price rise. Pricing part 9.
- Implementing a Value Based Sales Approach – part 3 of 4. What sales must do.