March 13th 2017
Competing Against Luck: The story of innovation and customer choice. Clayton M Christensen, Taddy Hall, Karen Dillon, & David S. Duncan.
Competing Against Luck: The story of innovation and customer choice. Clayton M Christensen, Taddy Hall, Karen Dillon, & David S. Duncan. .2016. ISBN 9780062435637. As ever any book from Christensen is a delight to read. This one fleshes out the concept of a Job to Be Done as the driving force behind successful innovation. Many successful and innovative companies start out with a clear focus on the users job to be done and they are wildly successful. Later as this focus gets muddied by all the reams of data coming from the marketplace, many companies lose their way. Using experience gained from the numerous companies they have worked with over the years, the authors clearly show how the successful companies like Amazon, Intuit, The Khan Academy , The Mayo Clinic and others continue to stay focused on their North Star. I recommend this book to anyone in a position of leadership to read, ponder , reread and implement.
- The Innovators Guide to Growth. Putting Disruptive Innovation to Work. Scott Anthony, Mark Johnson, Joseph Sinfield, Elizabeth Altman
- Disrupting Class. How disruptive innovation will change the way the world learns. Clayton Christensen, Michael Horn & Curtis Johnson.
- Seeing What’s Next. Clayton Christensen
- what customers want. Using outcome-driven innovation to create breakthrough products & services. Anthony W. Ulwick
- The Art of Managing Professional Services. Insights from leaders of the world’s top firms. Maureen Broderick.