January 23rd 2017
Mistakes Millionaires Make. Lessons from 30 successful entrepreneurs. Harry Clark. 2016. ISBN9781626343283. The author, a member of EO went out to 30 others members/acquaintances who like him had built up and lost significant sums while running their businesses. He extracts extremely expensive lessons learned, how to recognize and avoid this issues and then inoculate yourself against making those same mistakes. The language is simple, unvarnished and concise. The damage that these mistakes caused to their business, family life , investors and friends was significant. Each story is worth a read and a reread. Every entrepreneur needs this book.
- Without Their Permission. How the 21st Century will be Made, Not Managed. Alexis Ohanian. 2013
- Smart Pricing. How Google, Priceline, and leading businesses use pricing. Kagmohan Raju & Z. John Zhang.
- Summer fiction: Times Eye (Arthur C. Clarke) and The Poe Shadow (Matthew Pearl)
- How the Wise Decide, The lessons of 21 extraordinary leaders. Bryan Zeckhauser & Aaron Sandoski
- Running Lean. Iterate from plan A to a plan that works. Ash Maurya.