The New Rules of Sales and Service. How to use agile selling, real-time customer engagement, big data, content and storytelling to grow your business. David Meerman Scott.
The New Rules of Sales and Service. How to use agile selling, real-time customer engagement, big data, content and storytelling to grow your business. David Meerman Scott. 2014. ISBN 9781118827857. The author is the expert on this stuff. I have reviewed several of his books and he always delivers exactly what you need. I made so many highlights in this book that it seemed it would have be easier to just copy it all. Great stuff , like
- more people have access to mobile phones than have access to toothbrushes.
- the marketing staff needs to be the buyer expert, not just the product expert.
- marketers become expert in persuading the audience of many , the salesperson need to excel in persuading the individual buyers
- companies need to be educating the salespeople about the buying process.
- buyers operate in real-time
- salespeople need to be able to bring value to the discussion
He is all about the buyer and knowing the buyers journey. He peppers the content liberally with real world examples that are true and sadly, too funny in that they still occur. One of the better books for the beginner through to the expert , there is something for everyone in this book