January 3rd 2014
This Book is Overdue. How librarians and cyber librarians can save us all. Marilyn Johnson. 2010. ISBN 9780061962103. A surprising book in that it covers quite a bit of ground . Topics range form protecting civil liberties, copy write, freedom of the press, Second Life by Linden Labs, cyber librarians , physical libraries and what is happening to them, collections, archiving , referencing and what to do with Henry Millers archives (among others) . Not badly written I can not say I loped through this. Lots of food for thought and it gives me ideas on how libraries are remaining relevant. and continue to do so. Plus lots of insight into many personalities among librarians.
- How we Lead matters. Reflections on a life of leadership. Marilyn Carlson Nelson
- Lead With a Story. A guide to crafting business narratives that captivate, convince and inspire. Paul Smith.
- Top Dog Recession -Busting Sales Secrets. 50 experts show you proven ways to sell more in tough times. Michael Dalton Johnson ed.
- Make What You Say Pay. The language that opens minds, closes deals, & wows crowds. Anne Miller.
- Become the Squeaky Wheel. A credit and collections guide for everyone. Michelle Dunn.