July 29th 2013
makers. Cory Doctorow. 2011. One of my favorite sf writers ( especially since the stories do not always end well) , I picked this up as a companion to Chris Andersons recent book, Makers. . It is a terrific co read with Anderson as Doctorow is so prescient in his pictures of a 3d printer enabled makers future but he also weaves lots of tech/geek and economic content into a compelling read. You can read anyone else for character development – but no one holds up a better magnifying glass on society in general. He is right up there with William Gibson in that respect.
- Little Brother. Cory Doctorow.
- Makers. The new industrial revolution. Chris Anderson.
- Free. How today’s smartest businesses profit by giving something for nothing. Chris Anderson.
- The Long Tail. Chris Anderson
- Being Strategic. Plan for success;out-think your competitors;stay ahead of change. Erika Anderson