June 17th 2013
Hedge Hogs: The Cowboy Traders Behind Wall Street’s Largest Hedge Fund Disaster. Barbara T. Dreyfuss. 2013. ISBN 78-1400068395.
Guest post by Nora McCalluum , Senior Wealth Advisor, Portfolio Manager, ScotiaMcLeod.
Thank you for passing along the book Hedge Hogs to me. I read it this weekend. What an interesting illustration of the personalities of the people who have caused so much damage and pain to so many people.
Makes me wonder if hedge fund traders need to have some (substantial!)degree of sociopathic tendencies.
- The Speed Traders. Edgar Perez. A guest post by Nora McCallum of Scotia McLeod
- Killing Wall Street. Sanjay Sanghoee
- Street Smarts. Adventures on the road and in the markets. Jim Rogers.
- Dark Pools.High speed traders, AI bandits, and the threat to the global financial system. Scott Patterson.
- multipliers. How the best leaders make everyone smarter. Liz Wiseman with Greg McKeown.