April 5th 2013
Cold Hard Truth. On business, money and life. Kevin O’Leary. 2011.ISBN 9780385671767. I am working my way through the books the Canadian Dragons have written. Kevin’s business experience comes closer than all the others to my own. Yes he is brusque, some say nasty but he is a real truth teller on Dragon’s Den and Shark Tank. He also makes the best arguments for investing in stocks/bonds than have a dividend/yield. It works and I confirm it. After readingg this book I would have much more time to listen to O’Leary (and Amanda Lang). All these successful people have a story to tell and lessons you can learn from. It is always about commitment and keeping going when the opportunity is presented. Both he and Herjavec state that a business must grow or it dies. O’Leary my be seen as cruel – but he is being kind to let people know immediately where they stand or their idea is foolish. He also has very good words for those around him. Worth a read – I could not put it down as it flows well.
- The Myth of a Work Life Balance – An Undying Entreprenuerial Focus Keynote by Kevin O’Leary (TrendHunter.com) (trendhunter.com)
- Dragons’ Den star Kevin O’Leary has another passion – photography (macleans.ca)
- Dragons’ Den star Kevin O’Leary swims with Sharks (o.canada.com)
- Marriage and Money | The Retiring Boomer (theaffluentboomer.wordpress.com)
- Driven .How to succeed in business and in life. Robert Herjavec
- Family , Kids and Money. Kevin O’Leary
- The (Honest) Truth About Dishonesty. How we lie to everyone – especially ourselves. Dan Ariely.
- Decisions. Making the right ones, righting the wrong ones. Jim Treliving
- Invent It. Sell It, Bank It! Lori Greiner