March 22nd 2013
Emotional Intelligence for Sales Success. Connect with customers and get results. Colleen Stanley.2013. ISBN 9780814430293. I admit I am one of those dinosaurs that has been discounting the role of EQ in sales. Over the past few years I have been asked to review books on EQ and…… I never did it. (Stupid , stupid, stupid ) Boy was I wrong and wow is this book ever bang on. If you wanted to describe someone with poor impulse control, that would be me when I first started selling. This just may be the 2013 sales book of the year. Stanley wraps up so much of what we know about selling in today’s market with thoughtful , insightful, useful and funny strategies and tactics. I expect you will have as much fun as I did reading this book – its not preachy its direct and on the money. The quotes are worth the price of the book. I defy any sales person or manager with a brain to read this book and not immediately start to sell more for more. Get it read it , use it and read it again. Pass it along to your team. If it makes a difference send 1% of your increased bonus to a good charity!
- Emotional Intelligence: A Key To Winning Clients (ianbrodie.com)
- Did You Do Everything You Could Do? (customerthink.com)
- Emotional Smarts Tied to General IQ (scientificamerican.com)
- The Slow Fix. Solve problems, work smarter, and live better. Carl Honore.
- What Great Salespeople Do. The science of selling through emotional connection and the power of story. Michael Bosworth & Ben Zoldan
- High-Profit Selling. Win the sale without compromising on price. Mark Hunter.
- Why Buffett and Gates will not get that much charity donating in Asia.
- Close Like the Pros. Replace worn-out tactics with the powerful strategy of Interactive Selling. Steve Marx