Decisions. Making the right ones, righting the wrong ones. Jim Treliving. 2012. ISBN 9781443411813. The author , one of the founding Dragons on Dragons Den (CBC) is also a founder of Boston Pizza, Mr Lube and several other businesses. His straight shooting style is evident on TV and in this book. When you read his book you feel that this is a very trustworthy guy who worked really hard to get to where he is. I would suggest that every Grade 10 student in Canada should read this book. We can not all be entrepreneurs, but we can all be upstanding contributing Canadians. Good read – perfect for a three hour flight. If you have a Canadian business and are thinking on expanding to the US – read his experience and heed the advice.
- Successful Dragons’ Den Contestant Available for Radio Interviews (sys-con.com)
- Sexcereal: Canadian product aims to give you some morning glory (metronews.ca)
- Growing City composting company puts the brakes on franchising after Dragons’ Den appearance (business.financialpost.com)
- Boston Pizza swings in big profits on changes in value of units (vancouversun.com)
Emotional Intelligence for Sales Success. Connect with customers and get results. Colleen Stanley.2013. ISBN 9780814430293. I admit I am one of those dinosaurs that has been discounting the role of EQ in sales. Over the past few years I have been asked to review books on EQ and…… I never did it. (Stupid , stupid, stupid ) Boy was I wrong and wow is this book ever bang on. If you wanted to describe someone with poor impulse control, that would be me when I first started selling. This just may be the 2013 sales book of the year. Stanley wraps up so much of what we know about selling in today’s market with thoughtful , insightful, useful and funny strategies and tactics. I expect you will have as much fun as I did reading this book – its not preachy its direct and on the money. The quotes are worth the price of the book. I defy any sales person or manager with a brain to read this book and not immediately start to sell more for more. Get it read it , use it and read it again. Pass it along to your team. If it makes a difference send 1% of your increased bonus to a good charity!
- Emotional Intelligence: A Key To Winning Clients (ianbrodie.com)
- Did You Do Everything You Could Do? (customerthink.com)
- Emotional Smarts Tied to General IQ (scientificamerican.com)
he Kindle Publishing Bible. How to sell more kindle eBooks on Amazon. Tom Corson-Knowles. 2012. ISBN 9780988433632. This book may be a quick read but it is packed with all the inside scoop on being a successful Amazon eBook writer. The author has done this successfully many times and its proven. I always look at whom the writer credits with having influenced his ideas and styles and Tom talks about authors whom I also see as tops in their field. If you aspire to publish on Amazon – this is the book for you. If you also want good ideas for improving your content marketing results, I found lots here. ( Even Tim Ferris could learn from this!)
- Top Free Kindle eBooks on Amazon (livingrichwithcoupons.com)
- 3 Books On Self-Publishing That Helped Me (davidkonig.com)
- Amazon’s eBook Sales Up 70% Over 2011 (goodereader.com)
- How to find the Best audience to TARGET? Make an eBook that Sells – Part 2 (bloggingtips.com)
- How To Successfully Sell Your Book? Have An eBook Version! (business2community.com)
- Amazon To Set Up Secondhand Ebook Marketplace (techcrunch.com)
The Power of Why. Amanda Lang. 2012. ISBN 9781443413183. Being a TV personality does not do a person any favors as the medium lessens the impact of the real person. Witness this book. It is thoughtful, surprisingly delightfully fresh and very well written. Lang also does what Christensen does – she makes notes that are as useful as the text. This is a serious book that will change the way you think (as David Chilton said) . All Canadians can learn from this. For me it was the comment about being a problem finder rather than a solver that opened my eyes. I would advise every leader, educator and parent to buy this book and inculcate its ideas in everyone you come across. In a field full of books on innovation, this one stands very tall. Great for a flight from SF to New York.
- The Power of Why (tianafeng.com)
To Sell Is Human. The surprising truth about moving others. Daniel H. Pink. 2012. ISBN 9781594487156. Pink ( Drive & A Whole New Mind) has done the world a favour. This is never a book about how to sell, its a book explaining how sales permeates all our lives. That said, Pink points out (and explains so well) very useful research (some new, some applied in new ways ) which will help anyone who ever needs to persuade, whether its a client, a manager, a child , a partner or a ticket agent. This is a story that needs to get out into the wild. Those of us lucky enough to be paid to sell realize that persuasion and movement are essential to today’s selling and we use this in all our daily interactions. Way to many great ideas here , but one that stuck out for me was that problem finders fare better in life than just being a problem solver. This is a skill which will outlast whatever changes occur in the marketplace. A lifeskill book -perfect for a four hour flight. Buy it and pass it onto your family.
- To #Sell Is Human by Daniel H. Pink-The New ABCs of #Sales-C is for #Clarity #Business #Book #Review (timzaun.typepad.com)
- Daniel Pink: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us [VIDEO] (valuewalk.com)
- To Sell Is Human by Daniel Pink [Book Review] (business2community.com)
- Enchant Your Employees (hiscoxusa.com)
- Jack Covert Selects – To Sell is Human (800ceoread.com)
- To Sell Is Human. To Be A Marketer Is Human (twistimage.com)
- 17 Ways To Use New Sales Psychology To Move People And Succeed (businessinsider.com)
The Flipchart Guide to Customer Advisory Boards. Vol 1 & 2. Mitch Gooze. 2013 Mitch (The Customer Manufacturing Guy) asked me to review these two – books and I am glad he did. This a valuable addition to the sales/marketing literature. Customer Advisory Boards are essential to build and grow smart companies. We recommend to all our clients to build them. So in these two volumes you have everything that you need to get your company ready to have one and step by step how to set up and run a CAB meeting. Mitch has again done the marketplace a service.
- How advisory boards are guiding executives to the marketing high ground (marketinghighground.wordpress.com)
- Super Bowl 2013 Emotional Connection Ads (customerthink.com)
- Maybe we’re just Marketing snobs? (customerthink.com)
- Process innovation vs Product innovation (customerthink.com)
- Build brand loyalty with the Customer Advisory Board (sparked.com)