February 15th 2013
Proactive Selling. Control the Process – Win the Sale: second edition. William “Skip” Miller.2012 ISBN 9780814431924. The first edition was put out 10 years ago and it was very good. This is now a very up to date and more valuable book for salespeople and sales managers. I know this stuff works and will work for many more years. I took my time reading it as each page contained such nuggets that fit into a very coherent whole. One metaphor sticks out. There are three languages spoken in any business. The user speaks Spanish, their managers/VPs speak Russian and the C level speaks Greek. A sales person must be fluent in all the business languages if they are going to sell beyond price. If you want to be a top producer, buy the book, read it many times and do not let it out of your sight.
- The 3 Big Faults Sales Finds with HR (rocketbuilders.blogspot.com)
- The Sales Game Has Changed: Here’s How to Adapt (hubspot.com)
- Stitch the Sales and Marketing Organization Together (rocketbuilders.blogspot.com)
- 5 Reasons Not to Give Inbound Leads to an Outbound Sales Team (hubspot.com)
- Closing the Sale – A Realistic Perspective (eyesonsales.com)
- What Great Salespeople Do. The science of selling through emotional connection and the power of story. Michael Bosworth & Ben Zoldan
- Strategic Sales Presentations. Jack Malcolm.
- How to Say It:Business to Business Selling. Geoffrey James.
- Sell Now! Adaptive Strategies for Today’s Marketplace.Stacia Skinner.
- Sales Growth. Five Proven Strategies From The World’s Sales Leaders . Baumgartner, Hatami & Vander Ark.