December 31st 2012
Steve Jobs, Walter Isaacson. 2011. ISBN 9781451648539. This book has been on my Kindle forever. I had a chance during the holidays to finally get to it. It was simply delightful. Unvarnished, no fan boy prose, just a good story. The author was able to acknowledge the reality distortion field and rise above it to see what was going on. I have probably read every book and article I could find about Jobs, but this book really wraps the whole story up. Lots of quotes from others and lots of pure Steve. If you choose to read this – your time is well spent. I found it inspirational and full of good learning.
- Steve Jobs’ Yacht Revealed, Christened ‘Venus’ [VIDEO] (mashable.com)
- What Steve Jobs Really Meant When He Envisioned the iTV to Walter Isaacson – Opinion (news.softpedia.com)
- Steve Jobs vs. Sam Walton: The tale of the tape (management.fortune.cnn.com)
- Walter Isaacson’s ‘Steve Jobs’ biography is a great lesson in economics (macdailynews.com)
- The Presentation Secrets of Steve Jobs. How to be insanely great in front of any audience. Carmine Gallo.
- Icon. Steve Jobs. The Greatest Second Act in the History of Business.
- The Designful Company. A whiteboard overview. Marty Neumeier.
- Inside Apple. How America’s most advanced- and secretive – company really works. Adam Lashinsky.
- The Pixar Touch. The making of a company. David A Price