November 9th 2012
Lead With a Story. A guide to crafting business narratives that captivate, convince and inspire. Paul Smith.
Lead With a Story. A guide to crafting business narratives that captivate, convince and inspire. Paul Smith. 2012. ISBN 9780814420300. The author has had a long career at P&G and many of his stories are from one of the best marketing firms ever. He has also collected many other in his 100 stories that are relevant in training and teaching moments for many of your situations.. A big asset is his appendix that helps you find the relevant story from a classification matrix. His story on what sales people can learn from their own purchasing department was quick and insightful. In our practice we do not often find the sales and purchasing departments sharing war stories. Content marketing gets real horsepower through stories, which makes this a very valuable book for sales and marketing.
- Using storytelling in business (storytelling.es)
- Can’t Deny It’s Lead-with-a-Story Week (astoriedcareer.com)
- Q and A with a Story Guru: Paul Smith: You Don’t Have to Lead a Colorful Life to Have Great Stories (astoriedcareer.com)
- Lead with a Story (800ceoread.com)
- More About Lead with a Story (astoriedcareer.com)
- Implementing a Value Based Sales Approach – part 3 of 4. What sales must do.
- 45% of all sales leads turn into a sale
- Implementing a Value Based Sales Approach. Part 2 of 4. Marketing
- What Great Salespeople Do. The science of selling through emotional connection and the power of story. Michael Bosworth & Ben Zoldan
- Rethinking the Sales Cycle. How Superior Sellers Embrace the Buying Cycle to Achieve a Sustainable and Competitive Advantage. John R. Holland & Tim Young.