October 12th 2012
RFPs Suck! How to master the RFP system once and for all to win big business. Tom Searcy.2009. ISBN 9780982473962. One thing we are noticing with increasing conservatism among buyers is the growth in the use of RFPs. Where previously if a company had not been able to help write an RFP , they could decide not to participate, now an RFP is a given in many more markets large and surprisingly small making ignoring RFPs less of an option. Searcy (The Whale Hunter – good sales book) , has created a short but very important guidebook around RFPs. He starts with how to qualify the RFPs to make sure it is worthwhile for you to pursue it. Then he leads you through every part of the RFP – where to slavishly follow the guidelines and where you can successfully stray. The last section looks at several failed RFP responses and where they fell down, to help you recognize how theory translates into practice. A very good addition to a marketplace that has relied so far on Tom Sant for good material. This is a must buy for every B2B sales person and sales leader.
- The Blind RFP Pursue It? Toss It? Or, Is There Another Option? (salesarchitects.net)
- 3 Ways to Win the RFP Rat Race (inc.com)
- How to Get The Most Out of Your Social Media Monitoring RFPs: The Dos and Don’ts (business2community.com)
- How to Handle RFPs and RFIs (brooksgroup.com)
- How to Go Beyond “Check the Box” RFPs – Eloqua (3forward.com)
- Responding to RFPs – Joint Blogpost with Babette Ten Haken (trustedadvisor.com)
- Winning today (vs. winning tomorrow) (sethgodin.typepad.com)
- How to Close a Deal Like Warren Buffett. Tom Searcy and Henry Devries.
- Practical Pricing. Translating pricing theory into sustainable profit improvement. Michael Calogridis.
- Metaphorically Selling. How to use the magic of metaphors to sell, persuade, & explain anything to anyone. Anne Miller
- Neuro-Sell. How neuroscience can power your sales success. Simon Hazeldine.
- The numbers in selling just do not work