October 5th 2012
Start-up CEO’s Marketing Manual. Guy Smith,. 2012. ISBN 9780983240730. Guy has an excellent blog http://www.siliconstrat.com/blog/, from which Rocket Builders has pulled many gems over the years. Our good friend, David Greer, alerted us that Guy had published this book. This is the real thing folks. There is not a wasted word or diagram in it. The book’s realistic market is just about any CEO we have every worked with. Guy clears away the confusion and lets the CEO in on what he/she really needs to know about marketing , and how to see if his dept is getting him where he needs to be. A short book, clearly written, you can read it on a 2 hr plane ride – but you should re read it on the way back and each year as well. This is an essential part of a CEOs’ toolkit.
- 5 Marketing Metrics that Matter to Your CEO (hubspot.com)
- Inside Intuit: How A Software Kingpin Is Remaking Itself For Mobile & Services (readwriteweb.com)
- The Ultimate Sales Machine. Turbocharge your business with relentless focus on 12 key strategies. Chet Holmes
- UnMarketing. Stop marketing. Start engaging. Scott Stratten
- Connected. The surprising power of our social networks and how they shape our lives. Nicholas Christakis & James Fowler.
- Start Late, Finish Rich. David Bach
- An Astronauts Guide to Life on Earth. Chris Hadfield.