July 6th 2012
25 Toughest Sales Objections. Stephan Schiffman.2011. ISBN 9780071767378. Another of this prolific sales trainers books. It is worth the read. His approach is logical, simple and straightforward. The basics of selling have not changed and his material is directed at making salespeople effective as well as efficient. We have all heard these objections and his suggestions are designed to strengthen the sale and the salesperson. His comments on cost objections are bang on:
- A product only costs too much if the customer believes its value is below its price.
- The sales mans job is to fix a dollar quantity to the problem that the product solves
- Negotiation is not just about price
- Discounting is not a strategy its a tactic
Best line to ask your team. “Is making the sale more important than the terms of the sale?”
Do you know before going in :
- How your price compares to comparables in the industry?
- The last price your client paid for this product/service?
- Are prices set by you or a competitor?
- Are prices rising or falling?
- Your walkaway number?
- The client consequences if he does not buy from you?
Good book to have beside your phone.
- 5 Principles of a Successful Client Acquisition Program (smartseowriting.wordpress.com)
- Lessons from 100,000 Cold Calls downloads (adryvii.typepad.com)
- How Customers Regard Salespeople – New Survey (thejfblogit.co.uk)
- What You Must Do for BETTER Sales Prospecting (thesaleshunter.com)
- Spraying and Praying is NOT a Sales Prospecting Strategy (thesaleshunter.com)
- Customer Says, ‘It Costs Too Much.’ Here’s How to Answer (inc.com)
- Should Discounting be a Sales Strategy? (thesaleshunter.com)
- How Effective is Your Sales Prospecting Process? (thesaleshunter.com)
- Maximizing LinkedIn for Sales and Social Media Marketing.Neil Schaffer. (regnordman.com)
- The Prospects You Are Attracting: High-Value or Low-Value? (rocketbuilders.blogspot.com)
- Pricing survey indicates you are dropping prices, but for the right reasons? Part 1.
- The Accidental Salesperson. 2nd ed. Chris Lytle.
- Does finance still set your prices? Pricing panel part 7.
- Secrets of Selling Services. Everything you need to sell what your customer can’t see. Stephan Schiffman
- Need a pricing strategy? Fire a customer. National Post Dec 7 2010