July 2nd 2012
Make the Sale Happen Before Lunch/ The Power of Positive Selling. Stephan Schiffman. 2012. ISBN 9780071788687 & 9780071788700. Two books from a prolific writer/sales trainer. These are both “give em a jolt of reality” type sales books. They are to be read and reread as a pick up when the sales did not go the way you thought it would. He could be like Jeffrey Gitomer and his help. I liked both these books.
Make the Sale Happen Before Lunch – helps a sales person hone his craft with doing the basics better. Useful comments for me:
- Move at least one deal forward each day
- People live their life two weeks at a time
- The power of the story
- The greatest practice players become the greatest players
- Know when to move on
- Find out what makes sense to the buyer
- No Rolodex is up to date
- Make 15 cold/prospect calls every day
He has one of the better sets of tips with leaving voice mail -
The Power of Positive Selling. If your heads not in it you are not in it.
- Believe in what you are selling
- Help the client solve a problem
- Approach everything with a positive attitude
- Everyone wants something and everyone wants something different
This book also has some great ideas for follow-up emails.
Both books are worth your reading them. As he says, you should spend your time 40% prospecting, 20% presenting, 20% on product knowledge and 15% on professional development.
- Lessons from 100,000 Cold Calls downloads (adryvii.typepad.com)
- Jack Covert of 800-CEO-READ selects… (philipdelvesbroughton.com)
- The Most Powerful Form of Sales in the World (thejfblogit.co.uk)
- B2B Sales Cycle: 4 steps to avoid the wasteful ‘no decision’ (rocketbuilders.blogspot.com)
- Sales Training: Are You SVP Material (rocketbuilders.blogspot.com)
- The Art of the Sale (jackmalcolm.com)
- People Follow You. The real secret to what matters most in leadership. Jeb Blount. (regnordman.com)
- The Ultimate Sales Training Workshop: A Hands-On Guide for Managers (SellingPower Library) downloads (bcdiqni.typepad.com)
- What Great Salespeople Do. The science of selling through emotional connection and the power of story. Michael Bosworth & Ben Zoldan
- How to Say It:Business to Business Selling. Geoffrey James.
- Sell Now! Adaptive Strategies for Today’s Marketplace.Stacia Skinner.
- Sales Growth. Five Proven Strategies From The World’s Sales Leaders . Baumgartner, Hatami & Vander Ark.
- Zero-Time Selling. 10 Essential steps to accelerate every company’s sales. Andy Paul