June 20th 2012
I just had some amazing customer service – from Bank of America – no less.
Backstory. In order to use my Amazon Fire in Canada to get apps etc, I had to get a US credit card with a US address. For me the easiest way was a trip to Lynden Wa. to open a Bank of America account, and obtain one of their VISA credits cards. Enter Missy Mistral – Sales and Service rep. Missy made sure that the whole experience as pleasant and smooth. Online banking was working, my application went through and I was in business. When the card arrived a few days later, I was able to happily download apps to my Fire.
Yesterday, I realized I had not seen a BankAmericard VISA bill yet. I tried to access the VISA account through Mint and directly online. I could not get past the opening screen. The Bank of America documentation was comprehensive , but completely unhelpful as it missed key account information!
I called Missy, who first helped me pay my credit card bill, and then “fixed” the glitch that had prevented me from doing it online. She checked the bank accounts were linked and that VISA showed up as one of the payable bills. Good stuff.
This morning she called me back to make sure everything was working. I have never had bank customer service ever call me back after the problem was resolved. I have never had any bank employee ever be this pleasant and helpful. I salute Missy Mistral, Bank of America 700 Front St. Lynden Wa.
- BankAmericard Cash Rewards Review (comparecards.com)
- Which Credit Card is Best for Bank of America? (comparecards.com)
- Which Credit Cards are Best for International Use? (comparecards.com)
- One Summer: America, 1927, Bill Bryson
- The skinny on series. The housing crisis, credit cards and willpower. Jim Randel
- Day 1. A Kindle Fire in Canada
- Made in America. An informal history of the english language in the United States. Bill Bryson
- A Walk in the Woods. Rediscovering America on the Appalachian Trail. Bill Bryson