June 4th 2012
What Got You Here Won’t Get You There in Sales. How successful salespeople take it to the next level. Marshall Goldsmith, Dan Brown and Bill Hawkins.
What Got You Here Won’t Get You There in Sales. How successful salespeople take it to the next level. Marshall Goldsmith, Dan Brown and Bill Hawkins. 2012. ISBN 9780071773942. I discovered Marshall Goldsmith’s work on coaching several years ago – and it helped me develop even further. This man is a bonafide guru on the subject. Now he has w
orked with two serious sales guys to apply this stuff to what sales people do. ( Do you ever feel that you were born just a few years to early? ) Boy could I have used this 15 years ago!!!!! For those of you sales people who want to make more money much easier – this is the book for you. If you are a happy Willy Loman just grinding it out, well then skip this book and move on. Just let the rest of us head on over to Presidents Club! ( lesson learned – the only person who will change you - is you.)
There is a sub head – Discover the 16 habits your customers want you to give up – Man I am guilty as charged!
- Failure to be present
- Vocal filler
- Selling past the close
- Selective hearing
- Contact without purpose
- Curb qualifying
- Using tension as a tool
- Over familiarity
- Withholding Passion and Energy
- Explaining failure
- Never having to say you’re sorry
- Throwing others under the bus
- Wasting energy
- Obsessing over the numbers
This is a very valuable book in the salespersons and sales managers toolkit. get it, read and reread – and practise it. We do not get older – just better
- Mindful Leadership Series Begins with Renowned Executive Coach Dr. Marshall Goldsmith Discussing the Transformation of Bono and How to Be Happy by Letting Go of Guilt (prweb.com)
- Using “Feedforward” to Become a Better Manager and Leader (careersuccess.typepad.com)
- A Management in a Minute Book Overview of What Got You Here, Won’t Get You There by Marshall Goldsmith (quazen.com)
- Why Do So Many Salespeople Fail to Make Quota? (rocketbuilders.blogspot.com)
- Annoying habits you needed to break YESTERDAY (kristenhadeed.wordpress.com)
- Fix Your Sales Mojo: 5 Fast Tips (inc.com)
- Mojo. How to get it, how to keep it, how to get it back if you lose it. Marshall Goldsmith
- The 1% Solution. How to make the next 30 days your best ever. Tom Connellan.
- The Accidental Salesperson. 2nd ed. Chris Lytle.
- Soldier Statesman Peacemaker. Leadership Lessons from George C. Marshall. Jack Uldrich
- Selling to the New Elite. Discover the secret to winning over your wealthiest prospects. Jim Taylor, Stephen Krause & Doug Harrison.