June 1st 2012
The Secret Language of Influence. Master the one skill every sales pro needs. Dan Seidman. 2012. ISBN 9780814417263. Another fine book from the good folks at Amacom. This is an easy to read, very insightful and terrifically useful salesmanagers and salesman’s book. The author not only provides you with what you need to really raise your sales game, he follows his own advice in how he presents the information. You will learn and be educated on this topic like never before. I appreciated that this material compliments any type of sales training or process you follow. He has three dozen major topics, from which he then points out the twelve activities to get yourself started. I appreciated his short direct chapters. Some of my ‘”found” items were how to:
- build a strong opening strategy ( reinforce the time, the objective and the yes/no aspect of the call beforehand)
- prepare beforehand your reps with the proven strong responses to the six most common objections (also pointed on in contextual pricing preparation)
- find great sources of humour
- influence your “self talk to be positive
- show your reps the data they need to know
Get this book – read and reread it. With the growing emphasis on having and using valuable content, this will become a classic.
- Daily Thought 3/21/12: Leading Up (leadershipstudy.wordpress.com)
- Rebounders. How winners pivot from setback to success. Rick Newman (regnordman.com)
- Rebounders. How winners pivot from setback to success. Rick Newman
- 25 Toughest Sales Objections. Stephan Schiffman
- The Journey to Sales Transformation. 25 Axioms for becoming a Trusted Partner to your Customers. Bob Nicols Jr.
- Game the Plan. Every sales rep’d dream Every CFOs nightmare. Christopher Cabrera.
- Perfect Selling. Open the door,close the deal. Linda Richardson.