May 25th 2012
Rocket Surgery Made Easy. The do-it-yourself guide to finding and fixing usability problems. Steve Krug.
Rocket Surgery Made Easy. The do-it-yourself guide to finding and fixing usability problems. Steve Krug. 2010. ISBN 97803216572999. Another Lean Management recommendation. Krug wrote Don’t make Me think – which I totally enjoyed and agree with. True to the author’s intent, this is a very usable book. He has six maxims (which you will find in the book). His writing style is delightful – tongue in cheek, self deprecating and above all clear and simple. Check out his sample usability test at www.rocketsurgerymadeeasy.com and watch the Demo Test file. It is very revealing as to why you will want to read this book. Is he onto something – well yes. In our practice we are daily being sent to complex, hard to understand what the company does, completely lacking on customer value company webpages. Most of the problems would be solve if they followed Krug’s easy to use suggestions. All I can think is usability is just not done. Everyone who has a webpage should read this book.
- Rocket Surgery Made Easy: The Do-It-Yourself Guide to Finding and Fixing Usability Problems (bits.samiq.net)
- How Companies Are Using Design To Get Customers Or Get Acquired (grasshopper.com)
- How Personalized Search Changes SEO (and Doesn’t) (seomoz.org)
- Don’t Make me think. Steve Krug (2nd ed)
- Report on Art of Marketing Roadshow – Vancouver June 11
- smart thinking. Three essential keys to solve problems, innovate, and get things done. Art Markman.
- How to Use Google + Business Pages. A concise guide and action plan for using Google + in your business. Jay Sleighter.
- Rebel Yell. A short guide to fiction writing. Lance Olsen