May 18th 2012
Social Media Metrics. How to measure and optimize your marketing investment. Jim Sterne.2010. ISBN 9780470583784. An excellent resource referenced in Running Lean. Clearly written and not even close to being dated. I appreciated his comment near the end that the major shifts are happening on the buy side of the equation, while the sell side is falling behind the increasing sophistication and connectedness of the buyers. The warning I give to the “non Facebook” generation is that by not using these tools strategically now, you are completely ignorant of the sea shift of change going on. You are on a very gentle down-slope and do not know it Others who start the learning process, will slowly accelerate away as the environment shifts away from you. Very valuable resource and as he says this is some very heavy lifting (but not hard reading) . But it should scare the complacency out of senior management everywhere.
- Social Media Sales Revolution. The new rules for finding customers, building relationships, ansd closing more sales through online networking. Landy Chase & Kevin Knebl.
- Buying Facilitation. The new way to sell that influences & expands decisions. Sharon Drew Morgen.
- Value Acceleration. Mitch Gooze’ & Ralph Mroz
- Some of the reasons that selling is harder today – Saman Haqqi on The Era of Sales 2.0
- Free. How today’s smartest businesses profit by giving something for nothing. Chris Anderson.