April 19th 2012
Thank you for Arguing. What Aristotle, Lincoln, and Homer Simpson can teach us about the art of persuasion. Jay Heinrichs.
Thank you for Arguing. What Aristotle, Lincoln, and Homer Simpson can teach us about the art of persuasion. Jay Heinrichs. 2007. ISBN 9780307341440. I heard about this book and Heinrich’s from a recent BusinessWeek article about his booming consulting business (March 31) . The book is a treat and a trip. through self deprecating humour and great examples he draws you into the world of rhetoric. I like this material so much that I have become addicted to his blog http://www.figarospeech.com/. If you are in sales and or marketing this is a foundational book. But do not stop there, we can all learn from this delightful book. Its a quick easy read that could change your life.
- Jay Heinrichs’s Powers of Persuasion (businessweek.com)
- Next on the reading list… (findwhatworks.wordpress.com)
- Clout. The art and science of influential web content. Colleen Jones.
- Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year
- Aligning strategy and Sales, The choices, systems and behaviors that drive effective sales. Frank V. Cespedes
- The New Normal. Roger McNamee.
- The Sustainable Organization. A paradigm for a fairer society. Miguel Reynolds Brandao & Nadia Morais