April 10th 2012
The Lean Startup. How today’s entrepreneurs use continuous innovation to create radically successful businesses. Eric Ries.
The Lean Startup. How today’s entrepreneurs use continuous innovation to create radically successful businesses. Eric Ries. 20111. ISBN 9780307887894. Absolutely spot on book. I have lived through just about everything Eric talks about in this book. Especially when he comes to companies that fail. I wish I had this book fifteen years ago. However dear reader you can benefit from this book now. Our firm is meeting way to many companies who go lean in development (agile) without adjusting their management style. Ries gives these folks a process and systems that can be used to dig themselves out of their holes. Most of the points are not new, we have been using them for decades. What is new is how they are strung together to dramatically improve a start ups chance to get traction , break out into huge income territory and prevent “the fail”. For example:
- Startups must be and can be managed
- Use learning milestones vs goods produced
- A hundred tests is preferred to one big launch
- look for positive improvements in core metrics = market what the buyer will buy
- stay away from vanity metrics
- test your assumptions as you separate them from facts
- be thorough and thoughtful
In technology a must read for all leaders. Other leaders will benefit from this as well.
- 5 Tips to Be a Lean, Agile Inbound Marketer (hubspot.com)
- Last Chance To Join The Lean Startup Movement [Deals] (cultofmac.com)
- Four Things I Learned From Eric Ries of the Lean Startup Movement (sanderssays.typepad.com)
- Lean StartUp Movement turning some heads (businessesgrow.com)
- Eric Ries talks about his new book, The Lean Startup (eu.techcrunch.com)
- Build, Measure, Learn → Join Our Webcast with Eric Ries, author of The Lean Startup (newrelic.com)
- Discovery Driven Growth of a Lean Startup (raveenb.wordpress.com)
- The Lean Startup Frenzy (infoq.com)
- The Lean Start Up by Eric Ries (smallbiztrends.com)
- Interview: Eric Ries, Author Of The Lean Startup (wired.com)
- Eric Ries – ‘pivoting’ immortalised in a New Yorker cartoon (lunatractor.com)
- Running Lean. Iterate from plan A to a plan that works. Ash Maurya.
- The Toyota Way to Lean Leadership. Jeffrey K. Liker & Gary L. Convis.
- The $100 Startup. Chris Guillemeau.
- Beyond the Lean Revolution. Achieving successful and sustainable enterprise transformation. Deborah J. Nightingale & Jayakanth Srinivasan.
- speak human. Outmarket the big guys by getting personal. Eric Karlaluoto.