March 9th 2012
Contextual Pricing. The death of list price and the new market reality. Rob Docters, John G. Hansen, Cecilia Nguyen & Michael Barzelay.
Contextual Pricing. The death of list price and the new market reality. Rob Docters, John G. Hansen, Cecilia Nguyen & Michael Barzelay. 2012. ISBN 9780071772464. New, exciting , easy to read and useful. This is a resource for anyone working with pricing in any industry. I have been working with value pricing for a year now and was wondering about a hybrid response to pricing. This book has given me a big chunk of the answer. If you are finding that cost based or competition based pricing does not give you the tools to get out from under discounting, than value pricing is one step. Now coupled with contextual pricing you can take some great big steps. Value pricing shows your sales guys how to explain to customers how all your products values/attributes/benefits add up to more than the price asked. Contextual pricing helps you gain understanding of buyer context. This allows marketing/sales to develop pricing scenarios for common market situations (rush, size, market power, geography, competition, trade show). These become part of a salesperson’s toolkit, reducing complexity while speeding responsiveness. And I love it , increasing prices while increasing speed, shortening cycles, reducing sales costs! A must buy for sales and marketing leaders. You will thank me ( the case studies are worth the book) – but it will take some work to get this going.
- Pricing Strategies.A marketing approach. Robert M. Schindler. (regnordman.com)
- Pricing Optimization in a B2B World: Value-Based Pricing Comes of Age for Sales (rocketbuilders.blogspot.com)
- The Thank You Economy According To @GaryVee (hubspot.com)
- The One Graph Marketers Should Update Daily: The Leads Waterfall (hubspot.com)
- Dec 22, Promotional Pricing: Does Brand Marketing Strategy Work With This Price Tactic? (more-for-small-business.com)
- Guest Post: Pricing Skills Today & Tomorrow (rocketbuilders.blogspot.com)
- Pricing Your Products and Services: A Basic Review (taxtipsselfemployed.wordpress.com)
- How to Say It:Business to Business Selling. Geoffrey James.
- Zero-Time Selling. 10 Essential steps to accelerate every company’s sales. Andy Paul
- 25 Toughest Sales Objections. Stephan Schiffman
- Pricing with Confidence. 10 ways to stop leaving money on the table by Reed Holden, Mark Burton
- Sales Growth. Five Proven Strategies From The World’s Sales Leaders . Baumgartner, Hatami & Vander Ark.