February 16th 2012
Building a Winning Sales Force: Powerful Strategies for Driving High Performance. Andris A. Zoltners Ph.D, Prabhakant Sinha Ph.D., Sally E. Lorimer.
Building a Winning Sales Force: Powerful Strategies for Driving High Performance. Andris A. Zoltners Ph.D, Prabhakant Sinha Ph.D., Sally E. Lorimer.2009. ISBN 978-0814410400. I confess I missed this book and the others put out by ZS Associates. The website is a good resource, but they do not blog so their online profile is low to invisible. Too bad because the work they do is of the highest caliber and thoroughness when it comes to comprehensive sales management books. This one even contains a very useful chapter on sales and marketing alignment. A new VP of Sales and Marketing could do much worse than to devour this book. They have a useful model of upstream and downstream work, this whitepaper on the website gives a pretty succinct view. This is good work they do. What was missing for me was the guide of where to start and what to do in what sequence. For that bit I recommend this SalesBenchmark whitepaper . Enjoy
- Direct and Guerrilla Marketing
- Persuasive Business Proposals. Tom Sant.
- Turbulent Times Leadership for Sales Managers. How the very best boost sales. Tom Connellan.
- who’s got your back. The secret to finding the 3 people who will change your life. Keith Ferrazzi.
- I just had some amazing customer service – from Bank of America – no less