January 15th 2012
The Now Revolution. 7 Shifts to make your business faster, smarter, and more social. Jay Baer & Amber Naslund.
The Now Revolution. 7 Shifts to make your business faster, smarter, and more social. Jay Baer & Amber Naslund. 2011. ISBN 9780470923276. This book has been sitting waiting for me to get to it and I am glad I finally did. It is a mix of an analysis of what the world is like now plus some serious do it now tips. Some key takeaways:
- The transition from 50 to 100 employees has big impacts on holding onto the company culture
- If your company is not already “social” in its culture you will have a reduced chance of success in the social media space.
- There are quickly changing requirements for the talent you need in your company, what worked before will not work now in your hiring process.
- You need an army to use social media – starting with a heavy emphasis on customer service, and empowering many many employees to contribute to your social media initiatives.
- You need to use a new telephone to listen for buyer, customer, competitor and employee “keywords” .
- How you respond to this challenge and how you measure results requires some serious analysis – its not something you hand off to an intern.
Very cool use of QR/ tagging codes in the book, making it more interactive. Check it out at nowrevolutionbook.com. As ever, some of the Microsoft stuff does not play nice with Android, ie when they send you to a document and not a webpage.
- We are Wayfarers: Amber Naslund Rocks the Keynote Stage at BWELA 2011 (blogworld.com)
- Radian6 Invests in Customer Success Program, Professional Services and Social Strategy; Appoints Two Key Executives (prweb.com)
- Wayfarers: Leading the Change to Social Business (prwarrior.typepad.com)
- I Don’t Want to Read Another Book About Social Media (blisspr.com)
- Social Nation. How to harness the power of social media to attract customers, motivate employees & grow your business. Barry Libert
- Flip The Funnel. How to use existing customers to gain new ones. Joseph Jaffe.
- Social Media Analytics. Effective tools for building, interpreting 7 using metrics. Marshall Sponder.
- Empowered: Unleash Your Employees, Energize Your Customers. Josh Bernoff & Ted Schadler
- The Hyper-Social Organization. Eclipse your competition by leveraging social media. Francois Gossieaux & Ed Moran