November 16th 2011
Room for All of Us. Adrienne Clarkson. 2011. ISBN 9780670065479. The idea of this book is to chronicle representatives of immigrant groups who came to Canada to have a better life. Its a good idea. Too bad there was not enough room for the idea and Clarkson in the same book. Very disappointing since I do not want to read any more about her, but I did want to learn about the immigrant groups. Well at least she did not disappoint, based on past performances. What is it that she can not say my husband” but always has to use his name. Who cares? Easy read, good pace, just needed some ego editing. Borrow it from a friend if you must read it.
- The voice of the new (macleans.ca)
- Cold Hard Truth. On business, money and life. Kevin O’Leary
- wired and dangerous. how your customers have changed and what to do about it. Chip R. Bell & John R. Patterson.
- The 1% Solution. How to make the next 30 days your best ever. Tom Connellan.
- Street Smarts. Adventures on the road and in the markets. Jim Rogers.
- Connected. The surprising power of our social networks and how they shape our lives. Nicholas Christakis & James Fowler.