November 15th 2011
The Golden Spruce. A true story of myth, madness and greed. John Vaillant. 2005. A Governor Generals award winning book about a man possessed who cut down a 400 yr. old tree sacred to the Haida in the Queen Charlotte‘s. The book combines a story about the BC forest industry, overlaid with Haida culture and meshed with the life of one man Grant Hadwin. It is a descriptive and mystical journey that gives a sensitive view of how all these elements collided and why this destruction happened. I felt close to this story, havinig spent some time on the Charlottes, seen the Golden Spruce, visited many of the places in the book and met several of the characters described. A bit slow, the book is still a good read and it is well written.
- Total Recall. Arnold Schwarzenegger & Peter Petre.
- The Shockwave Rider. John Brunner
- The Confession. John Grisham.
- Winning the Battle For Sales. Lessons on closing every deal from the world’s greatest military victories. John Golden.
- Duct Tape Selling. Think like a marketer- Sell like a superstar. John Jantsch