October 17th 2011
Value-Based Pricing. Harry MacDivitt & Mike Wilkinson.2012. ISBN 9780071761680. This is one of the best texts on this topic I have run up against so far. First the descriptions of pricing and how it is arrived at is succinct, clear and bang on the money. Second this is the first pricing book that really identifies how many objections that sale can find with changing the pricing strategy as well as the huge obstacle that sales is to implementation. Then they do show you how to capture customer value in order to extract the price you deserve. The case studies at the end of the book are a bonus for those serious about implementing value based pricing. This is a must have reference for sales and marketing organizations as well as CEO’s. Plus with both authors from the UK, they do not waste a word- it is all clear and valuable.
- LinkedIn Poll – Where does pricing have the most impact in the sales funnel? (leveragepoint.com)
- Webinar – Improving the Value Proposition for New Products with Dick Braun of Parker Hannifin (leveragepoint.com)
- Implementing a Value Based Sales Approach. Part 2 of 4. Marketing (regnordman.com)
- The Art of Pricing: How to find the hidden profits in your business. Rafi Mohammed. (regnordman.com)
- When does the customer first ask about price? Pricing part 2.
- I have created a short LinkeIn Poll to try out this new tool
- Pricing panel event coming to Vancouver, Oct 20th
- Practical Pricing. Translating pricing theory into sustainable profit improvement. Michael Calogridis.
- The Strategy and Tactics of Pricing. A guide to growing more profitably. Thomas T. Nagle, John E. Hogan, Joseph Zale.