September 30th 2011
Zarella’s Hierarchy of Contagiousness: The science, design, and engineering of contagious ideas. Dan Zarella
Zarella’s Hierarchy of Contagiousness: The science, design, and engineering of contagious ideas. Dan Zarella. 2011. ISBN 9781936719273. This is a short but useful compendium of “stuff that works’ for driving online engagement using social media. It was a free Kindle book, sponsored by Hubspot and Mailchimp. For inbound marketers this is a useful book. His examples and studies are real, valid and immediately applicable. Easy to read and reasonably organized. I enjoyed some of his insights as they are not as readily available elsewhere such the decline in Twitter follower count through the use of negative comments, as well as self references, for example. His timing studies as to when to release information are very current and seem counter intuitive, but I have noticed the same thing recently. Grab it.
- Roundup of the Science of Social Media Webinar (webdesignfromscratch.com)
- Free Download – Zarrella’s Hierarchy of Contagiousness: The Science, Design, and Engineering of Contagious Ideas by Dan Zarrella (randomizeme.wordpress.com)
- Influencers Are Real, But they’re Not Always Who You Expect (problogger.net)
- When to Tweet (servantofchaos.com)
- Facebook Conversations Don’t Achieve The Marketing Boost You Desire (fastcompany.com)
- 18 Hours of Inbound Marketing Knowledge [Free Certification Program] (hubspot.com)
- 3 ideas you should steal from HubSpot (downes.ca)
- Twitter and Facebook: Some New Stats, Tricks and Tips (personalbrandingblog.com)
- The Art of Social Selling. Finding and Engaging Customers on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Other Social Networks.Shannon Belew
- Marketing Lessons from the Grateful Dead. What every business can learn from the most iconic band in history. David Meerman Scott & Brian Halligan
- The Social Media Side Door. How to bypass the gatekeepers and gain great access and influence. Ian Greenleigh.
- socialnomics. how social media transforms the way we live and do business. erik qualman
- Social Media Sales Revolution. The new rules for finding customers, building relationships, ansd closing more sales through online networking. Landy Chase & Kevin Knebl.