September 5th 2011
The Marketing High Ground. The essential playbook for B2B marketing practitioners everywhere. J. Michael Gospe Jr.
The Marketing High Ground. The essential playbook for B2B marketing practitioners everywhere. J. Michael Gospe Jr. 2011. ISBN 9781456439804. I really liked this book, reading it in one sitting. He was an engineer, but unlike me instead of turning to sales, he went into marketing of high tech. And the man can write! You will recognize the players/politics of the tech world with his clear grasp of the industry reality. I thought my partner, Geoffrey Hansen could have written this book as Gospe looks at the world with a very good grasp of process. (This is likely due to his grounding at HP and Sun ) His experience allows him to simply and clarify marketing to its essence. This makes this a very useful book to help any marketer grab the high ground earning more respect from his colleagues. The beginner through to the master marketer can learn much from this book. He also lays out common frustrations and traces them back to the source. His approach is customer based, using that knowledge for segmentation, positioning and creating personas. He provides a step by step process for doing this. I especially appreciated his sage advice for young marketers to not get sidetracked by fads ( e.g. social marketing) and neglect the basics. Buy it, read it and keep it close. His website is http://marketinghighground.wordpress.com
- 33% of B2B Marketers Don’t Measure Marketing ROI [Data] (hubspot.com)
- How to Market to People Not Like You. Know it or blow it rules for reaching diverse customers. Kelly McDonald (regnordman.com)
- How Are B2B Marketers Optimising Their Funnel? (from MarketingSherpa) (customerthink.com)
- The Flipchart Guide to Customer Advisory Boards. Vol 1 & 2. Mitch Gooze
- How to Market to People Not Like You. Know it or blow it rules for reaching diverse customers. Kelly McDonald
- Buyer Personas. How to gain insight into your customers expectations, align your marketing strategies and win more business. Adelle Revella
- Zero-Time Selling. 10 Essential steps to accelerate every company’s sales. Andy Paul
- wired and dangerous. how your customers have changed and what to do about it. Chip R. Bell & John R. Patterson.