August 22nd 2011
The No Asshole Rule. Building a civilized workplace and surviving one that isn’t. Robert J. Sutton. 2007. ISBN 9780759518018. This is so funny and true that it hurt to read it. I could have used this a few times in my work life – one of the reasons I went into consulting was gaining the ability to chose who I work with – never regretted it. Guy Kawasaki posted an online survey to self diagnose how much of an asshole you are . This book is required reading if you work in a tech company. Well written, clear prose that makes your day better!
- THE NO ASSHOLE RULE (Living, Business, Career Video) (thepulsemagazine.onsugar.com)
- Is Your Future Boss Horrible? A 10 Point Reference Check (bobsutton.typepad.com)
- What are the scientific, time-tested methods for hiring the best people? (businessinsider.com)
- Assholes & Organizations (mzlprof.wordpress.com)
- Horrible Bosses and Revenge: The Uncut Version (bobsutton.typepad.com)
- multipliers. How the best leaders make everyone smarter. Liz Wiseman with Greg McKeown.
- Remote. Remote office not required.Jason Fried & David Heinemeier Hansson
- Strengths Based Selling. Tony Rutigliano & Brian Brim.
- Hire Right, Higher Profit$ The executive’s guide to building a world-class sales force. Lee B. Salz.
- The 4-Hour Workweek. Escape 9-5,live anywhere, and join the new rich. Timothy Ferris