August 2nd 2011
The Art of Managing Professional Services. Insights from leaders of the world’s top firms. Maureen Broderick.
The Art of Managing Professional Services. Insights from leaders of the world’s top firms. Maureen Broderick. 2011. ISBN 9780137042524. A snapshot of what the big service firms are doing complied from an extensive survey . It describes best practice as detailed through numerous case studies. And it confirms that these companies are:
- still slow to change,
- focused on the short term, and
- still totally clueless about marketing
None of the above will change. If you were expecting some priceless insights or new practice models you will be disappointed. A compilation of best practice is by nature not innovative. This book does not displace the great work done by David Maister, it goes to show that these companies are not even implementing his ideas.
- Zarella’s Hierarchy of Contagiousness: The science, design, and engineering of contagious ideas. Dan Zarella
- Marketing Champions. Practical strategies for improving marketing’s power, influence, and business impact. Young, Weiss, & Stewart
- revenue disruption. Game changing sales and marketing strategies to accelerate growth. Phil Fernandez.
- Lead With a Story. A guide to crafting business narratives that captivate, convince and inspire. Paul Smith.
- Zero-Time Selling. 10 Essential steps to accelerate every company’s sales. Andy Paul