August 2nd 2011
I am John Galt. Today’s heroic innovators building the world and the villainous parasites destroying it. Donald L. Luskin & Andrew Greta.
I am John Galt. Today’s heroic innovators building the world and the villainous parasites destroying it. Donald L. Luskin & Andrew Greta. 2011. ISBN 9781118013786. Rise up all you Ayn Rand fans who recognize John Galt when you meet him. Tech industry titans Bill Gates ( Henry Rearden), Steve Jobs (Howard Roark), T.J. Rogers ( Francisco d’Anconia) come off really well in this “Who would be the heroes and villains in Ayn Rands world today” thesis. If you do not know/read Ayn Rand, shame on you (Is my bias showing? ) The authors have written a compelling as well as educational book about the US villains and the heroes. If you are a far left wing liberal , then this may be a bit strong stuff for you. If you believe in the goodness of unfettered capitalism, ‘come on down!”. I thoroughly enjoyed it – but in some ways Attila the Hun was a bit liberal for me. The website http://www.iamjohngalt.com/ is hilarious at times. You might look at Obamacare in a whole new light. Maybe Steven Harper should read this?
- Book: I Am John Galt (feld.com)
- Explaining Postmodernism by Dr. Stephen Hicks (ergosum.wordpress.com)
- A Critic’s Notebook: On Meeting Ayn Rand’s Editor at Antioch College (themillions.com)
- Atlas Shrugged: The 50 year-old prediction of the collapse of America (theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com)
- Obama’s New Gun Control Tactic (grumpajoesplace.com)
- Radio host Scott Hennen talks books (politico.com)
- A Modest Debt Ceiling Proposal (blogcritics.org)
- A Real Life John Galt (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)
- The Growing Racial Wealth Gap (theroot.com)
- Charting a course through the Blogosphere #2 (mrjasonbarron.wordpress.com)
- The Year Without Pants. WordPress.com and the future of work. Scott Berkun.
- Leadership The Barack Obama Way. Make Change Happen.Shel Leanne.
- The Confession. John Grisham.
- Real-Time Marketing & PR. How to instantly engage your market, connect with customers, and create products that grow your business now. David Meerman Scott.
- The Myths of Innovation. Scott Berkun.