July 27th 2011
Go for No! Yes is the destination No is how you get there. Richard Fenton & Andrea Waltz. 2010. ISBN 9780966398137. Quite a surprising book. In less than 80 pages its the “story” of how one sales guy was able to dramatically turn things around. It is built around what we know how self limiting goals cause us to ‘quit early’. Rather than counting the number of closed deals you count the number of “nos” each day. Failure to talk to enough people is one of the big self limits to sales. I liked the book and would recommend it as a good addition to your sales library. It’s good for a boost and a reminder of the basics.
- Go For No by Richard Fenton and Andrea Waltz (bayintegratedmarketing.wordpress.com)
- Winning the Battle For Sales. Lessons on closing every deal from the world’s greatest military victories. John Golden.
- How to Close a Deal Like Warren Buffett. Tom Searcy and Henry Devries.
- What Got You Here Won’t Get You There in Sales. How successful salespeople take it to the next level. Marshall Goldsmith, Dan Brown and Bill Hawkins.
- Everybody Lies. Dr. Greg House (Hugh Laurie) 2005
- Some of the reasons that selling is harder today – Saman Haqqi on The Era of Sales 2.0