July 25th 2011
The Sorcerers and Their Apprentices. How the digital magicians of MIT Media Lab are creating the innovative technologies that will transform our lives. Frank Moss.
The Sorcerers and Their Apprentices. How the digital magicians of MIT Media Lab are creating the innovative technologies that will transform our lives. Frank Moss. 2011. ISBN 9780307589101. If you ever needed a reason to go to Boston, this book will give you one. The author was the Director of the MIT Media Lab and compiled this book while there. It is a walk through the halls to see and hear about the upcoming technologies that Negroponte‘s vision has brought forth. I also enjoyed the stories about the many brilliant researchers and the sponsors who stand behind them. I had not realized that some of the researchers are successful company founders who after cashing out, are now doing what they love – creating new things. The facility seems to be a hot bed of serendipity, bringing so many interests to bear on each project. You never know where the technology will be applied. Good read and it gives you a boost.
- The Sorcerers & Their Apprentices: The Untold Story of MIT Media Lab (brainpickings.org)
- Gotta read this book! (lawafterthebar.wordpress.com)
- Business Beach Reads? (800ceoread.com)
- MIT Media Lab develops “eye” phone to diagnose cataracts (whcchealthinnovations.org)
- The Wizardly Ways of a Tech Lab (online.wsj.com)
- Smartphone Accessory Detects Cataracts (mt-soft.com.ar)
- Talk by Ramesh Raskar, MIT Media Lab – 6th July (punetech.com)
- MIT Project Uses Smart Phones to Detect Cataracts (wired.com)
- Just received a copy of The B2B Barometer survey
- Social Nation. How to harness the power of social media to attract customers, motivate employees & grow your business. Barry Libert
- Six Steps to Creating a Profit. A guide for the small and mid-sized service-based businesses. Patricia Sigmon
- Pick Up the Damn Phone! How people, not technologies seal the deal. Joanne S. Black
- Killing Wall Street. Sanjay Sanghoee