July 22nd 2011
I’m Feeling Lucky. The confessions of Google employee number 59. Douglas Edwards. 2011. ISBN 9780547416991. The book is exactly as titled. An unvarnished description of 5 years with Google. It is a testimony that in order to break through today a technology company needs to do something exceptional. Edwards was a fifty plus year old journalist who caught a ride on a rocket. He is a good writer making this read like a novel. The characters, the culture and the chaos all ring true to anyone who has spent the time in a technology company. Worthy book for your summer reading.
- I’m Feeling Lucky, By Douglas Edwards In the Plex, By Steven Levy (independent.co.uk)
- Google to Launch Condoms? (ramanan50.wordpress.com)
- Doug Edwards – Former Google Executive Speaks About Google+ [Video] (realestateradiousa.com)
- Google’s Larry Page once said “if we have to use marketing then we’ve failed” (thenextweb.com)
- An eye-opening peek at Google, behind the scenes (boston.com)
- “I’m Feeling Lucky”: Google Employee No. 59 Tells All (fastcompany.com)
- Google’s Biggest Problem: It’s Too Rational (pcworld.com)
- How to Use Google + Business Pages. A concise guide and action plan for using Google + in your business. Jay Sleighter.
- Oh Google Reader – you have really screwed up my day
- Everything I Know about Marketing I Learned from Google. Aaron Goldman
- Rocket Builders Reveals Success of the 2009 ‘Ready to Rocket 25’ List
- An invitation to nominate to the 2016 Ready to Rocket lists