June 28th 2011
Six Steps to Creating a Profit. A guide for the small and mid-sized service-based businesses. Patricia Sigmon
Six Steps to Creating a Profit. A guide for the small and mid-sized service-based businesses. Patricia Sigmon . 2010. ISBN 9780470554258. I picked this book up for my research on pricing. It seemed to be aligned with that topic. However this is not totally the case. What the book is is a small handbook on getting and retaining the profits you have worked for. This is often called controlling the margin waterfall. It is a very useful book, with a valuable set of checklists to cover any and all operational issues that end up draining your company profits. In our experience with technology firms, all of them could have used some or all of this book’s guidance. If you are a smaller player , without a large support staff and suspect that there are things that could be improved, you will enjoy this book. It is written in a quick no nonsense style, making it immediately useful. I also recommend it to to turnaround specialists as a helpful reminder.
- Does finance still set your prices? Pricing panel part 7.
- Pricing and Profitability Management. A practical guide for business leaders. Meehan, Simonetto, Montan & Goodin.
- So what can a CEO, Marketer, Salesperson, or CFO do to improve your pricing? Pricing part 11
- Is price raised at the beginning of your sales process? Pricing panel Part 6.
- Slow Down, Sell Faster! understand your customer’s buying process and maximize your sales. Kevin Davis.