May 6th 2011
Clout. The art and science of influential web content. Colleen Jones. 2011. ISBN 9780321733016. A very powerful and immediately useful book for those of us recognizing the impact of content marketing . Jones not only gives you what you need to do, but in depth discussion (and application) of rhetoric and psychology behind influential content. This is a foundation marketing book that will have a long life as what she says is true , relevant and based on very sound strategy. Her website leenjones.com is full of very useful material. Of course if your company management is content to stick its head in the sand and miss out on the incredible opportunities out there to pull in high value clients and dramatically increase profits, then this book will just entertain you. She is a good writer which helps make this the content book of the year so far as she lays out all the whats and whys and fully shows you the hows. If you do anything in strategic and/or tactical marketing or web design this is the book for you. It will save you time, dollars and increase company profits.
- Content and Clout: A Chat with Colleen Jones (tc.eserver.org)
- Clout: The Art and Science of Influential Web Content (tc.eserver.org)
- Persuasive Content (tc.eserver.org)
- Community Roundtable: How Important is Content Strategy on Your Sites? (noupe.com)
- Usability Testing Content (jillchrist.wordpress.com)
- Make Your Content Make a Difference (smashingmagazine.com)
- Links for April 17 2011 (ericbrown.com)
- Being Strategic. Plan for success;out-think your competitors;stay ahead of change. Erika Anderson
- Practical Pricing. Translating pricing theory into sustainable profit improvement. Michael Calogridis.
- Emotional Intelligence for Sales Success. Connect with customers and get results. Colleen Stanley.
- Trends, Content & Stories that sell
- High-Profit Selling. Win the sale without compromising on price. Mark Hunter.