May 4th 2011
No B.S. Price Strategy. The ultimate no holds barred kick butt take no prisoners guide to profits, power and prosperity. Dan S. Kennedy & Jason Marrs.
No B.S. Price Strategy. The ultimate no holds barred kick butt take no prisoners guide to profits, power and prosperity. Dan S. Kennedy & Jason Marrs. 2011. ISBN 9781599184005. These two are pure American salesmen. Nobody does it better. There are four authors of the book and they tag team from chapter to chapter adding a different point of view, which makes the overall organization feel choppy. Kennedy and Marr are the main players here. Kennedy has written many books and the formula is evident. The book provides much valuable content, which you could get from a close read of Nagle. This is just a much easier way to learn it. (Although I have seen much of this content in other books, this book gives no end of book references to the work of others, except their acquaintances or their own work, which is done in context. Many of the references are very valuable sites.
The book also includes relentless driving of you to their own websites. This is one of Kennedy’s tenets – get the buyer to pay you the privilege of buying more from you (and get it upfront) i.e. buying the book is an upfront fee prior to buying more! They hold with value-selling and value pricing but this is one of the weaker descriptors for that state. I prefer Davis for that.
Kennedys description of niche and subculture markets is useful territory for salespeople to help better define the perfect customer.
- Niche is an occupational/vocational attribute
- Subculture is interest, belief, activity attribute.
Although much of the content is useful for B2B, the real client for this book is a small business person. Just as Nagle’s work is really for the Fortune 500. Buy the book for your Kindle – it is a useful read, but this is not the “final ” book on value/ premium pricing. It is a good “dose of salts” to most business people. Much of Kennedy’s library is discounted on Amazon.
- The New York Times’s tortured line on torture | Dan Kennedy (guardian.co.uk)
- A compliant employee is a profitable employee (zacharyburt.com)
- Consultative Selling. The Hanan formula for high-margin sales at high levels. 8th Ed. Mack Hanan (regnordman.com)
- Roadmap to Revenue. How to sell the way your customers want to buy. Kristin Zhivago.
- How to Sell at Margins Higher Than Your Competitors: Winning every sale at full price, rate or fee. Lawrence L. Steinmetz & William T. Brooks
- The Art of Pricing: How to find the hidden profits in your business. Rafi Mohammed.
- Slow Down, Sell Faster! understand your customer’s buying process and maximize your sales. Kevin Davis.
- Consultative Selling. The Hanan formula for high-margin sales at high levels. 8th Ed. Mack Hanan