April 26th 2011
The Micro-Script Rules. It’s not what people hear . It’s what they repeat. Bill Schley. 2010. ISBN 9780982694114. With our current push into Content Marketing ( i.e. inbound marketing) this book is a terrific resource. No matter if its writing the killer tweet, top notch Google summary, headline or tagline; shorter is better. I loved the examples of micro-scripts he has taken from all over (ads, trials, politics, salesmen, authors like hemingway, even comics). Then he goes on to show how and where to use them. Finally he ends with a great course in how to create the best content ever. This ties into the trend for web materials requiring much more compelling copy, that can be digested very quickly. Thanks to Anne Miller for suggesting this book. Its a must buy and must read.Check out www.micro-scripts.com
- In Today’s World The Micro-Story is King (prolaunchmanager.com)
- Change management research Millers Bolt. Thomas Stirr.
- Oh Google Reader – you have really screwed up my day
- Make What You Say Pay. The language that opens minds, closes deals, & wows crowds. Anne Miller.
- How to Use Google + Business Pages. A concise guide and action plan for using Google + in your business. Jay Sleighter.
- Content Rules. How to create killer blogs, podcasts, videos, ebooks, webinars. Ann Handley & C.C. Chapman