April 18th 2011
Oskaloosa Moon. Gary Sutton. 2011. ISBN 9780975962534. A piece of very disturbing fiction that I read in one sitting. The story of a intelligent young boy with a disfigured face who received the butt end of bigotry and ignorance in a small town from many folks and the help of a few. He created a life despite this and did not let go his optimistic (and simplistic) view of life through much of it. The writing is clear, compact and compelling. Very enjoyable and human.
- Heads Up, Tom Latham: Livability Pays Big Dividends in Rural Iowa (dc.streetsblog.org)
- Sash stylin’ in ESPN The Magazine (thegazette.com)
- The Sales Managers Success Manual. Wayne M, Thomas.
- On Writing. A Memoir of the Craft. Stephen King.
- Persuasion books, Yes and The Art of the Apology
- To Sell Is Human. The surprising truth about moving others. Daniel H. Pink.
- Decisive. How to make better choices in life and work. Chip Heath and Dan Heath.