April 10th 2011
Empowered: Unleash Your Employees, Energize Your Customers. Josh Bernoff & Ted Schadler. 2010. ISBN 9781422155639. The authors are Sr employees at Forrester, and Bernoff wrote Groundswell, which I liked. if you are looking for one book that does show you how B2B companies are successfully implementing social media, this book is for you. From insurance (Aflac, Sun Life), through Cisco, Best Buy, Dell and companies (medical devices, pharma) that you would not expect the book is full of good case studies. They present good rules of thumb as well as guides when you may not want to take the plunge. Some pretty good slams at Tim Horton’s among other things here,. I especially liked their simple ways of presenting guidelines for employee behavior that anyone could understand. Well written, well organized and a worthwhile addition to your library!
- How to Use Klout to Disempower Your Customers (readwriteweb.com)
- Josh Bernoff Answers the Proust Questionnaire (hubspot.com)
- A Useful Guide to How Companies Can Empower Employees to Move Business Forward (adage.com)
- Are you making employees feel Empowered? (higheredinnovation.wordpress.com)
- Empowered (startouch.wordpress.com)
- From the Archives: Groundswell: Winning in a world transformed by social media by Charlene Li and Josh Bernoff [Confessions of a Science Librarian] (scienceblogs.com)
- Social Media is a Cocktail Party (and you’re all invited) (apocintro2011.wordpress.com)
- groundswell. winning in a world transformed by social technologies. Charlene Li & Josh Bernoff
- Social Nation. How to harness the power of social media to attract customers, motivate employees & grow your business. Barry Libert
- The Now Revolution. 7 Shifts to make your business faster, smarter, and more social. Jay Baer & Amber Naslund.
- Flip The Funnel. How to use existing customers to gain new ones. Joseph Jaffe.
- Maximizing LinkedIn for Sales and Social Media Marketing.Neil Schaffer.