February 11th 2011
The 1% Solution for Work and Life. How to make the next 30 days your best ever. Tom Connellan. 2011. ISBN 9780976950622. A business fable that really talks tough and tells the truth on personal improvement. Short, concise and clearly written this is a very useful book. By committing to 1% improvements in many aspects of our life, Connellan helps you make steady growth toward your goals. He also has the stats to prove it E.g. From a Harvard/UCLA study; By being happier it can have a ripple effect on people you do not even know.
If you are happy ,
- your next door neighbour is 34% more likely to be happy
- Your spouse is 8% more likely to be happy
- Your brother or sister living within a mile is 14% more likely to be happy
- Your friend living within a mile is 2.5% more likely to be happy
- Your friend’s friend is 10% more likely to be happy.
- A friend of a friend of your friend is 5.6% more likely to be happy
Lots more in this delightful little book
- Turbulent Times Leadership for Sales Managers. How the very best boost sales. Tom Connellan. (regnordman.com)
- How 1% Makes All the Difference – Author Tom Connellan Shows How Small Moves Make Big Leaps Possible (your-story.org)
- Turbulent Times Leadership for Sales Managers. How the very best boost sales. Tom Connellan.
- People Buy You. The real secret to what matters most in business. Jeb Blount
- The Toyota Way to Lean Leadership. Jeffrey K. Liker & Gary L. Convis.
- Whats with all this “Selling in a Down Economy” stuff?
- What Got You Here Won’t Get You There in Sales. How successful salespeople take it to the next level. Marshall Goldsmith, Dan Brown and Bill Hawkins.