January 15th 2011
UnMarketing. Stop marketing. Start engaging. Scott Stratten. 2010. ISBN 9780470617878. This is a very useful book for anyone looking to pump up their business though using the social networks. Stratten is one of those folks who has done the work and made a conscious effort to help others to really “get it” His short chapter on how to create, organize and publish content is far and away the easiest and most direct writing we have seen to date. He also covers the whole gamut of marketing from trade shows to telesummits. His website http://www.un-marketing.com/blog/ contains much of the content of the book. His format of many (over 50) short chapters really suits the ADD generation of readers. The best thing – Stratten speaks the truth and puts it out there. (Of course – he’s Canadian!)
- FIR Book Review: UnMarketing by Scott Stratten (nevillehobson.com)
- People Spread Awesome – Scott Stratten at #SMCV10 (techvibes.com)
- Book Notes: Unmarketing (33charts.com)
- Tungle takes the Unmarketing route (techvibes.com)
- Top 15 Recommended Social Media Books of 2010 (windmillnetworking.com)
- Recommended books for the CIO / IT Leaders for 2011 (ericbrown.com)
- Social Media and Blogging: The Common Sense Approach (webpronews.com)
- Top 10 Small Business Books 2010 (customerthink.com)
- The New Rules of Marketing & PR. Second ed. David Meerman Scott.
- Social Nation. How to harness the power of social media to attract customers, motivate employees & grow your business. Barry Libert
- Launch. How to quickly propel your business beyond the competition. Michael Stelzner. #content marketing
- Real-Time Marketing & PR. How to instantly engage your market, connect with customers, and create products that grow your business now. David Meerman Scott.
- Marketing Lessons from the Grateful Dead. What every business can learn from the most iconic band in history. David Meerman Scott & Brian Halligan