January 9th 2011
eat pray love. One woman’s search for everything across Italy, India and Indonesia. Elizabeth Gilbert.
eat pray love. One woman’s search for everything across Italy, India and Indonesia. Elizabeth Gilbert.2006. ISBN 9780143038412. My wife suggested I read this book and I am glad she did. The author has a clear strong voice that makes this book much more than the movie (which became a Julia Roberts vehicle) . The writing style is excellent. I especially enjoyed Gilbert’s analysis/discussion of God from an Indian and Indonesian context. The story of the the cat tied to a tree is hilarious yet tragically true! I have struggled in past to understand the various forms of God worship across so many cultures, yet at the core I sensed much similarity. Gilbert clears this up but very gently. More than a “chick book” this is actually a very useful point of view.
- Elizabeth Gilbert: Eat, Pray, Roll Camera (women.webmd.com)
- Eat Pray Love: consumerism is not empowerment (thefword.org.uk)
- Critics Find Eat Pray Love Very Pretty, Very Superficial [Critical Mass] (jezebel.com)
- “Eat, Pray, Love”‘s Excessive Sartorial Attention (thefrisky.com)
- Bali’s Travel Boom: Eat, Pray, Love Tourism (time.com)
- The Golden Spruce. A true story of myth, madness and greed. John Vaillant.
- Everything I Know About Business I Learned from Monopoly. Alan Axelrod.
- Account Planning in Salesforce. Unlock revenue from big customers to turn them into bigger customers. Donal Daly.
- Starting Something. An entrepreneur’s tale of control, confrontation and corporate culture. Wayne McVicker
- People Love You. The real secret to delivering legendary customer service. Jeb Blount.
2 Responses to: “eat pray love. One woman’s search for everything across Italy, India and Indonesia. Elizabeth Gilbert.”