January 7th 2011
Turbulent Times Leadership for Sales Managers. How the very best boost sales. Tom Connellan. 2010. ISBN 9780976950639. I have several books for sales managers. This one will now be on the top of my list. The author brings you the real stuff that works. Along the lines of the one minute manager, but a lot more, Connellan gives you actionable steps and ways to see how it works. I really liked his analysis of the six customer responses:
- I”ll listen to what you have to say
- I’ll consider your product next time.
- I’ll recommend your product to purchasing and others.
- I’ll specify your product next time I initiate an order
- I”ll buy it.
This is 1 No and five variations of Yes that you can use to measure movement in your territory when you have lengthy sales cycles in your prospects. (I have had sales managers who saw this as 5 nos and one yes.) What a wonderful way to have the sales rep focus on what the customer is saying and doing. He recommends you analyze your targets into a customer behavior spreadsheet showing how they are distributed in the five types of yes. Simple, elegant and effective. The book is loaded with useful things like this. I say this is a must buy for managers and top producing sales guys. Oh this also works when you have any kind of coaching to do.
- Sales Compensation Resources. (regnordman.com)
- 7-Step Program To Rev Up Your Sales in 2011 (blogs.forbes.com)
- Best Sales Book and Best Management and Leadership Book of 2010 (prweb.com)
- The easiest and hardest productivity tip of all (christopherspenn.com)
- How to Become a Good Sales Rep (thinkup.waldenu.edu)
- How to Create an Unstoppable Marketing & Sales machine. An introduction to Fusion Marketing (regnordman.com)
- Content Rules. How to create killer blogs, podcasts, videos, ebooks, webinars. Ann Handley & C.C. Chapman (regnordman.com)
- The 1% Solution. How to make the next 30 days your best ever. Tom Connellan.
- Content Rules. How to create killer blogs, podcasts, videos, ebooks, webinars. Ann Handley & C.C. Chapman
- Zero-Time Selling. 10 Essential steps to accelerate every company’s sales. Andy Paul
- Managing Content Marketing. The real world guide for creating passionate subscribers to your brand. Robert Rose & Joe Pulizzi.
- The Leadership Code.. Five rules to lead by. Dave Ulrich, Norm Smallwood, Kate Sweetman.
One Response to: “Turbulent Times Leadership for Sales Managers. How the very best boost sales. Tom Connellan.”