December 16th 2010
speak human. Outmarket the big guys by getting personal. Eric Karlaluoto. 2010. ISBN 9780981348209. A Vancouver marketing firm SmashLAB was started by Eric and his partner Eric Shelkie. This book is a compendium of lessons learned (perhaps ordeals by fire) working in the industry. What results is a very human book that contains his unique views on the communication business. His comments resonate well with what Rocket Builders has found over the years, as we seem to share a common world view with the author. Good phrases that stuck with me (likely I have mashed them together in my memory) :
- positioning means…to get known for one thing
- selling is all about numbers and sincerity
- social networks give you access to a broader set of great individuals with different and unique skill sets
- marketing is a long haul endeavor
Unlike many younger authors, Eric creates a very good set a of chapter notes that provides good “proof” to what he is saying. It speaks to a thoughtful work that is worth you taking the time to read it.
- Rocket Builders Reveals Success of the 2009 ‘Ready to Rocket 25’ List
- The Lean Startup. How today’s entrepreneurs use continuous innovation to create radically successful businesses. Eric Ries.
- An invitation to nominate to the 2016 Ready to Rocket lists
- General quick cry for help from those in the Vancouver area
- Accelerants. 12 Strategies to sell faster, close deals faster, & grow your business faster.Michael A. Boylan